Aquatic Center Timeline
Timeline to Teton Valley Aquatic Center
- Started TVA non-profit process
- Engaged USA Swimming for research and Enterprise Plan
- Established community steering committee
- Launched website
- Opened community survey
- Closed survey
- Continued feasibility research
- Conducted stakeholder meeting
- Conducted community outreach and meetings/events to go over Enterprise Plan results (what pool USA Swimming thinks we need if money is no object)
- Survey results (what the community thinks we need if money is no object)
- Conducted a philanthropic feasibility study to determine capacity of private philanthropic donations towards our goal
- Continued researching comparison pools
- Budget comparisons
- Successfully participated in Tin Cup Challenge
- TVA received federal 501(c)3 status
- Hired executive director to assist board in implementing strategic plan based on recommendations of philanthropic feasibility consultant
- Began to implement Teton Valley Swims programming for residents of the greater Teton Valley, ID area
- Begin to implement learn to swim programming for Teton Valley residents.
- Engage facility feasibly study for specific build and maintenance cost for overall project, as well as stepping stone projects.
- Contract a design build study for initial plans/drawings of stepping stone projects
December 31, 2021...or sooner
Target Opening Date of Aquatic Facilities
Stay tuned for more information or CLICK HERE to donate and support our efforts!
Did you know?
1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control. Web-based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System (WISQARS) [online]. [cited 2016Nov 28]. Available from: URL: http://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars.
2. Brenner RA, Taneja GS, Haynie DL, Trumble AC, Qian C, Klinger RM, Klevanoff MA. Association between swimming lessons and drowning in childhood: A case-control study. Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine 2009;163(3):203-10.
2. Yang L, Nong QQ, Li CL, Feng QM, Lo SK. Risk factors for childhood drowning in rural regions of a developing country : a case-control study. Injury Prevention, 2007; 13:178-182
3. Gilchrist J, Parker EM. Racial/ethnic disparities in fatal unintentional drowning among persons aged ≤29 years—United States, 1999–2010. MMWR 2014;63:421–6.