Monday March 14th, 2022
Apply Now to be a Swim Instructor this Summer!
Do you love swimming and want to share that joy with Teton Valley children?
Teton Valley Aquatics is hiring swim instructors for our Summer 2022 Pool Program.
Part-time instructors are needed to help us reach our goal of offering beginner swim lessons to over 350 children this summer! Lessons will be taught Monday/Wednesday and Tuesday/Thursday from 9:00 am-12:00 pm and 4:30-6:00 pm.
Please read over the job description and apply at the link below if you're interested. Applications are due March 30th!
Swim Instructor Job Description:
Teton Valley Aquatics is hiring Swim Instructors for our summer pool program. This position is a W9 Independent Contractor position and is based in Driggs, Idaho.
Dates: June 15- August 18
- Teach swim lessons levels 1-3. Each lesson is 30-45 minutes with a class size of 3-5 swimmers.
- Maintain a safe and inclusive learning environment for all students
- Complete reports on student progression.
- Experience teaching swim lessons to young children ~ages 5-8 years old preferred
- Experience working with young children in a paid/volunteer capacity required.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification and American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification preferred.
- Or must take course(s) prior to June 20th.
- Must clear a criminal history background check prior to the start date.
- Spanish speaking skills and special needs teaching experience are a major plus.
- Must be 16 years or older by the start of the WSI certification course
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- This position is performed in outdoor weather conditions.
- Ability to walk, sit, stand, and lift over 50 pounds.
- Base pay of $20/hour